DevOps Senior Lead
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Technology and IT|
DevOps Senior Lead (other levels may be considered for future)
Pop Science are delighted to offer The role of the Lead Senior DevOps this team building , Leading career opportunity involves the continual development of our clients existing deployment and infrastructure automation tools.
(YOU SHOULD ALREADY BE BASED IN UK AND HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK HERE!)
The role is a PERMANENT full time, central London office-based position and comes with an excellent set of benefits.
The role will also require coming up with new cutting edge tools and workflows to manage an ever growing amount of applications, services and data which comprise our Cloud SaaS solutions.
They practice Agile throughout the organization so a familiarity with agile/scrum is required.
What they do:
They are a fast-growing cloud-based software company with a next-generation patient data capture platform, providing high-quality clinical research data from patients, through tools they love to use.
Their goal is to provide clinical research organizations and the broader life sciences industry better patient-reported data and insights to bring new therapies to patients quicker
- Building and maintaining deployment and infrastructure automation tools.
- Handling the ongoing operations of our production systems.
- Configure and build monitoring and logging tools to monitor our applications and servers.
- Working with engineering teams to improve their use of our cloud resources.
- Ensuring that our applications and services are horizontally scalable, highly available and are deployable with our existing tools,
What you will be doing:
- Terraform - we use terraform to provision and manage our infrastructure from code.
- Gitlab - we use self hosted Gitlab for Version control and CI/CD pipelines, you will help to develop these pipelines to better facilitate development, testing and deployments.
- Datastores - Our primary datastores are Mysql (RDS and Aurora) with some minor usage of DynamoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Cloud Computing - We use AWS with multiple accounts in multiple regions
- Improving our monitoring - As our services grow in number we need help with instrumenting and monitoring them so that we can anticipate unhealthy conditions before they cause outages downstream.
- Ops - Your primary focus will be on building tools but we all do some operations in order to make our internal tools better.
You should be:
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Able to effectively communicate in scrums and meetings
- Willing to pick up new technologies when necessary
- Willing to actively participate in the continual improvement of our DevOps practices.
- Proven experience with a static or dynamic language.
- Proven experience managing and provisioning infrastructure in AWS
- Proven Experience developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with system administration on Linux or OSX platforms.
- Experience working in an Agile project.
- Experience with CI/CD for PHP, Android and IoS apps.
- Experience with ECS/Kubernetes/Docker for container orchestration
Relevant degree and experienced qualified candidates should GET IN TOUCH RIGHT AWAY!
Must have the right to live and work in UK, office-based central London On Permanent Basis