|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Technology and IT|
|Salary||See Job Description|
Our Client is a pioneering developer of specialist technology solutions for the global pharmaceutical industry.Their SaaS products are used internationally by leading global pharmaceutical companies and research organisations to design Real World Research, capture data, and analyse and share results.
We are looking for an Operations Director to take overall strategic and operational responsibility across all service delivery, leading and developing the team through the exciting growth period ahead.
Your team will initially consist of project management and customer service professionals and software engineers and you will recruit appropriate roles into it to support both its immediate and long-term objectives.
The role is customer facing and will involve international travel to work with offshore teams and customers.
The successful candidate will report to the CEO and will form part of the company Leadership Team.
Here's an idea of what you will be doing and the must haves:
- Develop and implement training programs to increase the efficiency of bringing on new staff and the capacity of the existing teams
- Prepare and submit an annual operation plan and report regularly about progress against the plan
- Work with partner organizations to ensure that processes of both organizations are aligned and that appropriate communication and escalation structures are in place
- Ensure the Finance Director has regular and efficient access to delivery and financial information
- Ensure projects are managed cost-effectively with continuous focus on improvement and increased efficiency
- Ensure that reporting structures exist within your teams to manage and measure delivery
- Keep management information up to date, ensure visibility throughout the organisation and implement systems as required to improve access and transparency
- Work collaboratively with customers and partners to ensure the highest level of satisfaction
- Ensure that the business is operated to the highest standards in line with the mission statement and values
- Ensure delivery is in compliance with all regulations relevant to our industry.
- Ensure all company process is followed by your teams and that your teams enable other teams to follow their processes
- Develop and improve processes and procedures owned by your team
- Conduct appraisals for all direct reports on a bi-annual basis
- Agree objectives in line with business and brand objectives and values, and ensure direct reports carry out appraisals with the teams
- Ensure continuous improvement in customer service and satisfaction
Your core skills will include:
- Proven experience in team leadership and implementation of strategic projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to overcome technical challenges
- Understanding of technical design and delivery including knowledge of databases and technical project management approaches
- Excellent organization skills, able to manage detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
You should have the following experience:
- You must have led a team at a senior level to deliver a clearly defined strategy
- You must have experience of planning and delivering projects using a team with diverse skills
- You must have experience of delivering projects to and managing relationships with large organisations
- You must have experience of managing several large projects at the same time
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Applicants must be available for interview in the UK.
Pop Science are an innovative, personal and experienced recruitment and staffing consultancy. Our aim is to make science more popular by championing careers in clinical and scientific research, technology, engineering, maths and more. Whether you want a permanent job, a contract role or even a change in perspective with some volunteering, contact us and let us help you. We support working practises that promote happiness at work.
We're an experienced, skilled team with personality; we have a passion for science, and drive and enthusiasm to make a difference to you.
Find out more at Pop Science - Scientific Recruitment