Lead Medical Writer (Office based)
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||City of London|
|Salary||See Job Description|
Team Lead/ senior Medical Writer (office based only)
We are delighted to partner with our client in Chelsea to bring you this long term contract to perm career opportunity an amazing opportunity to work with different projects and business processes.
This role would suit someone who would like to work alongside their team onsite and Must already have the right to live and work in the UK,
As Medical Writer you will be responsible for developing and nurturing a team of writers whilst creating high-quality written materials across a range of media, including slides, manuscripts, posters, meeting reports and websites in collaboration with our clinical advisors and PR team.You will have published and line managed your own team of Medical Writers
Here's an idea of what you will be doing:
Medical Writers will contribute to the development of high-quality, medically accurate documents, in the field of thrombosis, addressing different target audiences.
Depending on the scope and nature of each project, this responsibility will include: content development (writing), editing, conducting background research, data checking, reference annotation and taking minutes at meetings.
Other responsibilities will include assistance with strategic publication planning and meetings' support.
- Content development of written materials (e.g. abstracts, posters, slides, manuscripts, and a wide range of other medical communication activities)
- Builds an increasing knowledge of the science/medicine of thrombosis to the degree required for effective communication with internal team members, clients, authors and target audiences
- Conducts searches of the published medical literature and other sources of medical, marketing and drug development information as directed by the team members
- Maintains and organizes electronic reference libraries using EndNote
- Uploads files and complete submission for abstracts and manuscripts
- Maintains the publication plans for various studies
- Works with multidisciplinary project teams and external advisors to ensure projects are delivered within-budget, on-time and on-message
- Occasional travel, including international travel, required
You should recognise yourself here:
- A sound scientific understanding and strong writing ability
- Full line management experience
- An aptitude for interpreting data and distilling complex scientific information into engaging and effective content, with a keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to find and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and check text for consistency, clarity and accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of personal motivation and initiative
- The ability to work independently and effectively in a team across multiple projects
- A flexible and proactive attitude, with the ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines without compromising quality
- A PhD in life sciences Essential
- Proven previous experience as a Lead or senior Medical Writer in life sciences
- Line management experience / Training and appraisals etc
- Some project management experience
- A basic understanding of statistics
- Experience in working with collaborative, cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and processes
All interested candidates are required to complete a writing test.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
Pop Science are an innovative, personal and experienced recruitment and staffing consultancy. Our aim is to make science more popular by championing careers in clinical and scientific research, technology, engineering, maths and more. Whether you want a permanent job, a contract role or even a change in perspective with some volunteering, contact us and let us help you. We support working practises that promote happiness at work.
We're an experienced, skilled team with personality; we have a passion for science, and drive and enthusiasm to make a difference to you.
Find out more at Pop Science - Scientific Recruitment